I have no political platform or cyber-soapbox to climb up on, this is just my attempt to discover how to come to a sensible compromise, knowing that I will never be totally *green* and yet, not wanting to be cavalier with our non-renewable resources. I believe this is a time to conserve and protect our environment without destroying the total current lifestyle of the humans that also inhabit this planet. (I am not opposed to certain modifications to said lifestyle)
I am sometimes prone to be an extremist with the pendulum swinging wildly, I will try to *center* since swinging wildly doesn't seem to lend itself to anything but...well...swinging!
I recently watched a History Channel program ,"Prophets of Doom". Some valid concerns were discussed; the oil *peak*, contaminated water mostly caused by *flushing*, the looming world financial collapse. Not much optimism or hope found there.
I believe time is of the essence but I don't believe it is time to give up, not just yet. This planet is our home while we are here and breathing - that being the case - I think it is time to start *spring cleaning*. Remember this is an old house and in need of some repair, it is not possible to start over (and God said "let there be light") but it is possible to start from here.
Einstein is quoted as saying 'my environment is everything around me that is *not* me', I like this definition - it fits.
No comments:
Post a Comment