Simplify...articles abound...shoulda, coulda, woulda. I believe in the concept but today it really hit home with me. There are some papers that I need - really need - some discrepancies exist that could be explained easily with the papers that are somewhere at someplace. I know they haven't been thrown out. I know this because I never throw anything away. The thing is I never know where anything is. I have papers stacked in baskets, stacked in shopping bags, stacked in boxes, stacked in stacks, no labels, no segregation. This keeping of stuff doesn't just apply to papers, I have clothes stacked in baskets, in shopping bags, in luggage, some even in drawers. Not just the clothes that fit me and I wear frequently, clothes that still have tags attached, clothes that are too small, clothes that are too big, clothes that I'm going to do something with some day. I have dishes and kitchen utensils packed away in the garage, many sets of dishes in the cabinets and drawers and there are only two of us and never more than 8 of us and yet I have 3 or 4 times that. (I could supply a restaurant).
I would give anything away to people who need it - I really would - but I can't bring myself to give it to a charity that will turn around and sell it. Maybe I should have a yard sale and make everything free.
The thing with simplifying is where do you start? The task seems overwhelming. I know that simplifying will help me find things more easily and stay organized hence ease my mind and lower my stress level.
My mother was a hoarder, I am terrified I will end up like her.
No comments:
Post a Comment